Facing the Freshwater Crisis
by: Peter Rogers
- As popular concern arises it is very alarming how we cannot predict the amount of freshwater that lied within the planet.
- It is becoming dangerously hard to look at the positive side when growing populations are demanding more and more fresh water to drink, clean, and sanitize their surroundings
- Problems such as global warming, climate change, and overproduction poses threats to or dwindling water supply.
- Governments and international organizations need to find a way to fix the problem and produce safe drinking water without degrading the remaining source.
- However the international government cannot do all the work, local governments and even states need to apply policies that will ensure the availability of freshwater on the planet.
- It is very difficult to even produce freshwater t developing countries. Due to high demand and very very low supply. This is due to overpopulation and exploitation of resources.
- Due to lack of water it is only logical that it isn't just the human population that is suffering from all this. The environment and othr species will ot only have to compete amongst their species but also against other species, most notable the human population.
- It appears that those that plan the resources or calculate it have not foreseen the constant droughts caused by climate change and global warming.
- People have found a way to allow the supply and demand to profit themselves by raising the prices of ther water, furthermore focusing on the delivery of these water to endure more supplies to the consumers.
- Conserving water will empty the pockets of all the people that are in desperate need of it and the demand for it will only grow hence dwindling its supply detrimentally.
- It is important to know that it is not simply just inventing new technology to produce more water, it is simply to conserve and know the limits.
Due to several factors freshwater on Earth is disappearing in a very rapid rate. Loss of freshwater will put several species in danger and leave others to extinction. Humans have created a problem against time and themselves. One of the biggest issue that ariis overpopulation; individuals are so blind to what can only be their demise. It is oth ignorance to the problems and lack of access to these intion that has left the human population to a deeper problem than that in which they wanted to fix. International organizations must not only focus on this issue and put other matters aside, or face irreversible consequences. The root of the probl individual, withut the drive or the force to want to change the impending future, can be o change. It must come from the people and local governments to push it forward and meet those higher international organizations in the middle. People need the money and funds to create a better future for the human population and other species in the planet.
As always it the problem is not always finding a solution to the problem, its finding th will and determination to want to change a situation. People all ober the worldfering due to lack of food and water and lack of government funding, yet those that have all those are lacking in knowledge of their wasteful ways. Many of us forget that those that we have are luxuries that many of the the developing countries lack. We forgat we mmust not only help those who arin need but also conserve what we take for granted. Clean drinking water is one luxury that will not always be around if this attitude of thinking it will continue to exist is in our mentality. We must do something about it and conserve instead of waiting around for new technology to be developed to magivally fix everything. The want must start form the human individual itself .